31 May 2007

Books, Books, and More Books

Here's what I bought recently from Amazon UK's Huge Stock Clearance:

(for £1 each)
G - John Berger
The Seal Wife - Kathryn Harrison
The Cadence of Grass - Thomas McGuane
Shopgirl - Steve Martin (yes, the film actor/comedian)
Banks of Green Willow - Kevin Myers

(for £3 each)
The Great Escape - Paul Brickhill
Lunar Park - Bret Easton Ellis
Another Bullshit Night in Suck City - Nick Flynn (loving that title...)
Ash Wednesday - Ethan Hawke
Dark Horse - Tami Hoag
Creepers - David Morrell

Okay, so I don't really need any more reading material - I've got enough books to keep me going until my heart stops (really, I do) despite my best efforts during the last 8-10months to sell off the bulk of my collection. Anyway, I thought I would post the list above and see if visitors to this blog have any thoughts or recommendations they would care to share, assuming, of course, you have read (or heard of) any of the above.

Thanks, as always, for dropping by...

No comments: