18 Jul 2010

Murky Depths #13

The last of my short stories to be published while I’m off doing other things is available now in UK-based print mag, Murky Depths, Issue 13. 13 - unlucky for some right? Unfortunately, in my case, yes. Due to a complete cock-up (editor’s words not mine) I will not be credited for my story. Though my name appears on the website and the contents page, the story will be credited to another author. Needless to say I’m disappointed this has happened but it’s not the end of the world. An oversight, no more, no less. And as compensation the editor has offered to include in a future issue (15, I think) an interview with yours truly. The story is Clean Until the Final Act and you can purchase the magazine from their website as well as a number of real world stockists.

4 comments:

Cate Gardner said...

Congrats and sorry to hear about the cock up.

Brian G Ross said...

Sucks, man.

Sophie Playle said...

Congrats. Shame about the mix-up but these things happen I guess. At least you're getting an interview out of it!

Steven J. Dines said...

Thanks Cate, Brian, Sophie. It is a disappointment, for sure, but I don't think it will put me off submitting something to them again in the future.